Not In Store / Available To Order (allow for shipping time to bookstore or direct-to-home)
Other Books in Series
- #2: The Chardonnay Charade Lib/E (Wine Country Mysteries (Audio) #2) (Compact Disc): $39.95
- #3: The Bordeaux Betrayal Lib/E (Wine Country Mysteries (Audio) #3) (Compact Disc): $44.95
- #4: The Riesling Retribution Lib/E (Wine Country Mysteries (Audio) #4) (Compact Disc): $39.98
- #5: The Viognier Vendetta Lib/E (Wine Country Mysteries (Audio) #5) (Compact Disc): $79.95
- #6: The Sauvignon Secret Lib/E (Wine Country Mysteries (Audio) #6) (Compact Disc): $69.95
- #7: The Champagne Conspiracy: A Wine Country Mystery (Wine Country Mysteries #7) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #8: The Vineyard Victims Lib/E (Wine Country Mysteries (Audio) #8) (Compact Disc): $76.00
- #9: Harvest of Secrets: A Wine Country Mystery (Wine Country Mysteries #9) (Hardcover): $26.99
- #11: The French Paradox (Wine Country Mystery #11) (Paperback): $17.95
- #12: Bitter Roots (Wine Country Mystery #12) (Hardcover): $28.99
A phone call at two thirty in the morning is never good news. Lucie Montgomery's semiestranged brother, Eli, calls her in France to tell her their father, Leland, has been killed in a hunting accident on the family's five-hundred-acre Virginia vineyard just as the fall harvest is about to begin. By the time he calls, Eli has already made funeral arrangements with what Lucie argues is indecent haste.
It is an emotional trip home -- the first since an automobile accident two years ago, which left Lucie disabled and dependent on a cane. Her family's once elegant home and winery are now shabby and run-down, thanks to her father's penchant for fringy business deals. Eli, also cash-strapped and desperate to support his new wife's extravagant lifestyle, has already convinced their rebellious younger sister, Mia, to sell the debt-ridden estate and reap the profits from the valuable land it sits on, overruling Lucie's protests.
On the eve of the funeral Lucie's godfather, Fitz, a partner in the family business, tells her Leland's death was no accident. Whoever killed him was motivated by the potential sale of the vineyard. It is the last conversation she will have with Fitz. Now the lone holdout preventing the vineyard sale, Lucie realizes she's next in line for another "accident." With her greedy brother, hell-raising sister, and a seemingly cut-rate vintner hired by Leland just before he died, all the suspects are disturbingly close to home. Unsure whom she can trust, Lucie must uncover the truth about the deaths of her father and godfather -- and oversee a successful harvest to save the vineyard she loves.
About the Author
Ellen Crosby is the author of Multiple Exposure, the first book in a series featuring photojournalist Sophie Medina. She has also written six books in the Virginia wine country mystery series. A former freelance reporter for The Washington Post, Moscow correspondent for ABC Radio News, and an economist at the US Senate, Crosby lives in Virginia with her family. Learn more about her at EllenCrosby.com.