Updated as of July 20, 2021
We're excited to welcome customers back into our bookstore spaces for shopping! We also appreciate your patience, as not everything will be the way you remember it in these very different circumstances. We are prioritizing the health of staff and customers in accordance with recommendations from health experts and state officials, and we are also managing challenging finances and logistics with limited staff. Here's what you can expect when you shop at Greenlight now:
- We are open 12pm to 7pm every day for both curbside pickup and in-store shopping. (Check our Contact and Directions page, as these hours may change.)
- Face masks are required for all customers picking up or shopping in the store. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one. (Please note that bandanas are not considered masks.)
- The number of customers in the store will be limited; staff will let you know when we have room for you to enter.
- If we are at capacity, we ask customers to line up outside the store (this applies to both shopping and order pickup customers).
- We ask that customers limit their shopping time to 25 minutes or less.
- Customers are asked to maintain social distancing of six feet inside the store, particularly when standing in lines.
Our booksellers who are working onsite wear masks any time they are interacting with the public. Staff clean high-touch surfaces regularly. Bathrooms are currently not open to customers.
- Greenlight will continue to require mask wearing for everyone in our stores (regardless of vaccination status) AT LEAST until the COVID-19 vaccinations are available for children under 12. Our staff can't reasonably verify who is vaccinated and who is not, and we want to provide the safest environment possible for families and immunocompromised folks.
- Greenlight will not be returning to in-store events until 2022. As store capacity remains limited, we can currently better accommodate audiences online, but we are working on new models for in-person / streaming hybrid events in the new year. In the meantime, you can join us for virtual events, and signed books by featured authors are often available in-store!
- Our bathrooms continue to be for staff use only. Nearby restaurants and bars offer additional restroom options.
We appreciate that you have high expectations -- we take it as a compliment! In order to comply with regulations, keep our staff and customers safe, figure out logistics with a reduced staff and social distancing requirements, and manage our company finances, we are reinventing our business week by week. We appreciate your patience as we continue to navigate this transition, and we look forward to continuing to add services and simplify the customer experience as the reopening process continues.